I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s a little lazy in the morning. I prep these on Sunday and they last me all week so I can sleep in. I grab two bites to go and I eat them at work. Since they are packed with vitamins and protein, they keep me satisfied for a couple of hours. It’s also a healthier alternative to a regular muffin, pastry or bagel.
For 10 bites:
- 1 large sweet potato, grated
- 1 cup of flour (whole wheat if you have)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/3 cup of grated cheese (any kind you want)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp of plain yogourt
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped onions
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped bell peppers (I used a chilli pepper to give it a kick)
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt, pepper to taste
- Optional additions: sliced jalapeños and grated parmesan cheese to put on top
Preheat your oven to 350 and line muffin tin with baking cups.
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and let sit 5 minutes. Then scoop a generous tablespoon into each baking cup. Top with a bit of grated parmesan and a slice of jalapeño. Bake for 35-40 minutes.